Monday, November 5, 2012

Student Problem 6

1) In my first step of Student Problem 6, I began by placing variables over different parts of the factored denominator. For this concept, we worked with repeated factors. 
2) So next, I had to count up and add the factors depending on how many times they were repeated. For example, if a denominator was (x+1)^2, One variable would be above (x+1) and the next would be above (x+1)^2. 
3) I added the fractions by finding their common denominator, meaning I multiplied the numerator and denominator by the components they were missing. 
4) I performed the PFD to the fraction which I just added together. As a result, I had to use substitution in order to solve for each variable individually.  
5) you must place the answer (A,B, and C) into the original equation. If any answer is a fraction, the fraction is split up, meaning that the numerator is grouped with the numerator of the original equation and vise versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment