Monday, November 5, 2012
Student Problem 5
In this Student problem, the concept had to do with distinct factors. To begin with, I began with a decomposed fraction; Which I placed a variable over each component of the factored denominator. Secondly, I added the fraction by multiplying the numerator and denominator by the components they lacked. This would give me a common denominator which would allow me to add the fraction together and equal it to the original fraction. Then, I would set up my like terms to cancel out the x^2's and the x's. This gives birth to my system which allows me to begin solving for each variable. I use substitution to solve for one variable at a time and then substitute it into another equation within my system to solve for another variable. Once I've solved for each variable, I plug those answers into my original equation and it should be the same as the equation I began with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment